Police identify teen shot and killed in Wilmington, Delaware
WILMINGTON - January 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the teenager shot and killed in Wilmington, Delaware Saturday night.
Police say 16-year-old Ahkee Flonnory of the 300 block of West 22nd Street was shot at 6:23 p.m. Saturday.
It happened in the unit block of East 24th Street.
Investigators say someone walked up to Flonnory and shot him in the head. Police have not indicated a motive for the shooting.
A woman in her 20's was also shot. She survived.
Flonnory is Wilmington's first homicide victim of 2013.
In a statement released Monday, Wilmington Mayor Dennis Williams said, "I want to first convey my condolences on behalf of the City to the families of the victims of this senseless crime of violence. I want to assure the community that a thorough investigation is now underway and the Wilmington Police Department will work tirelessly to find the individual or individuals who were involved."
Anyone with information is asked to call the Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at 302-576-3990 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or submit information online at www.tipsubmit.com.
delaware, wilmington, shooting, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 40 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 44 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident 40 min ago
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
40 min ago