NJ woman missing after leaving Bucks Co. bar (PHOTOS)
NEW HOPE, Pa. - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- The search continued Tuesday for a New Jersey woman last seen walking home from a bar in New Hope, Bucks County.
The missing woman, 39-year-old Sarah Majoras, was last seen Friday night.
Across the Delaware River in New Jersey, more than 100 volunteers searched along streets and wooded areas in Lambertville on Monday, looking for any trace of the missing woman.
Using a high-tech underwater camera and human divers, authorities plumbed the icy waters of the Delaware and Raritan Canal.
At one point, a pair of eyeglasses was recovered. However, they turned out not to belong to the woman they are seeking.
"[She is] most reliable, intelligent. Our friend," said John Larsen.
Sarah was not just Larsen's friend, but also one of his employees of 15 years. He owns John & Peter's Bar & Restaurant.
Larsen says Majoras was hanging out at the bar Friday night. She left at 2:00 a.m. to head back home to Lambertville, New Jersey.
Police say she was spotted on a bridge surveillance camera walking into New Jersey but hasn't been seen since. She was last seen in a green camouflage jacket, a white knit hat, and glasses.
The woman's live-in boyfriend reported her missing Saturday afternoon when she didn't return home.
"We are treating this as a missing persons case," said Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony Kearns.
Kearns says they have no reason to believe foul play was involved.
Her friends helped spread the word by posting flyers.
"They probably have 100-150 posters on buildings and telephone poles," said Larry Keller, Mayor of New Hope. Investigators are also looking into the woman's cell phone records.
"We're taking this very seriously. We're very concerned, and we're doing all we can to locate her," said Kearns.
Friends call Majoras's disappearance devastating.
"You know, you don't expect these things to happen. You see it on TV but it always happens somewhere else. It's very upsetting," said Larsen.
Anyone with information on Sarah Majoras' whereabouts is asked to contact New Hope Police at 215-862-3033.
pennsylvania, bucks county, missing person, new jersey, hunterdon county, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 26 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos