2 officers hurt in West Philadelphia crash
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two police officers were injured during an accident in West Philadelphia.
The accident took place around 11:29 a.m. at 49th and Chestnut streets.
Officers were traveling eastbound on Chestnut and a civilian vehicle was traveling south on 49th Street when the accident occurred.
As both vehicles approached the intersection, the police car, trying to swerve to avoid a collision, struck the other vehicle and then hit a utility pole.
Both officers sustained lacerations to the face and have neck pain.
They were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
The female driver of the civilian vehicle was transported by medics to Penn for evaluation.
No charges have been field.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, accident, police, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 35 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 42 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
35 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
42 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
26 min ago