2 officers hurt in West Philadelphia crash
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two police officers were injured during an accident in West Philadelphia.
The accident took place around 11:29 a.m. at 49th and Chestnut streets.
Officers were traveling eastbound on Chestnut and a civilian vehicle was traveling south on 49th Street when the accident occurred.
As both vehicles approached the intersection, the police car, trying to swerve to avoid a collision, struck the other vehicle and then hit a utility pole.
Both officers sustained lacerations to the face and have neck pain.
They were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
The female driver of the civilian vehicle was transported by medics to Penn for evaluation.
No charges have been field.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, accident, police, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month 9 min ago
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash 23 min ago
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro 32 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 2 min ago