2 officers hurt in West Philadelphia crash
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two police officers were injured during an accident in West Philadelphia.
The accident took place around 11:29 a.m. at 49th and Chestnut streets.
Officers were traveling eastbound on Chestnut and a civilian vehicle was traveling south on 49th Street when the accident occurred.
As both vehicles approached the intersection, the police car, trying to swerve to avoid a collision, struck the other vehicle and then hit a utility pole.
Both officers sustained lacerations to the face and have neck pain.
They were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
The female driver of the civilian vehicle was transported by medics to Penn for evaluation.
No charges have been field.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, accident, police, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 40 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 21 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
58 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
40 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
21 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos