Dog found frozen to death in Kensington
KENSINGTON - January 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- SPCA officials issued a search warrant on a home where a dog was left outside and froze to death.
It happened overnight Sunday on the 3000 block of North Water Street in Kensington.
Authorities took the body of the dog away and are investigating the incident.
No word on any charges to the pet's owner.
The Pennsylvania SPCA urges all pet owners to bring animals during extreme winter weather.
philadelphia, kensington, animals, animal abuse, local/state
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy 6 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over 47 min ago
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth