1 dead, 1 wounded in Kensington shooting
KENSINGTON - January 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man is dead and another man was wounded in a shooting in Kensington.
It happened around 6:00 Sunday night on the 600 block of East Ontario Street.
Police say that two men were inside a Honda Accord when a man walked up, opened the passenger door and got into a dispute with the driver.
The man exchanged gunfire with the driver and was shot in the torso. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver - a man in his 20s - suffered gunshot wounds to the chest and the arm.
He was taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
Police say the driver did have a registered weapon and the other man did not.
No word what sparked the altercation.
philadelphia, kensington, shooting, homicide, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases