Police chase ends in crash in Burlington Co., N.J.
MOORESTOWN, N.J. - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say an armed robbery led to a police chase that ended in a car crash in Moorestown, New Jersey late Sunday night.
It began in Bellmawr, Camden County, after a report of a home invasion on Windsor Drive.
Bellmawr Police say a relative of the homeowner chased two men off the property. One suspect fled on foot, the other jumped in a car.
Bellmawr Police briefly pursued that vehicle but broke off the chase when it became unsafe.
Police put out a BOLO (Be On The Lookout) alert for the suspect vehicle.
About 45 minutes later a New Jersey State Trooper spotted the car on I-295 and began to follow the vehicle off the highway.
When, at about 10:30 p.m., a second trooper arrived on Mt. Laurel Road near Laurence Drive in Moorestown and tried to stop the vehicle, the suspect, 31-year-old Jordan Hui of Mt. Laurel, swerved into oncoming traffic, striking another vehicle head-on.
Hui was treated and released for minor injuries. He was arrested and is now at the Camden County Jail being held on $50.000 bail.
He is charged with eluding police and other motor vehicle offenses. Additional charges are pending the result of the investigation.
The woman who was driving the other car was taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Bellmawr Police are still looking for the other suspect who fled on foot from the home invasion scene.
accident, camden county, robbery, police, police chase, new jersey, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 34 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 59 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 17 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 16 min ago
- Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
57 min ago
- Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain
56 min ago