2 cats perish in fast-moving fire in Crescentville
CRESCENTVILLE - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two cats perished and several buildings were damaged in a fast-moving fire in the Crescentville section of Philadelphia early Monday morning.
The fire broke out just after midnight in a three-story corner property on the 600 block of East Godfrey Avenue.
Officials say the first floor housed a beauty salon.
Crews found heavy flames and smoke coming from apartments on the second and third floors.
The fire was placed under control within 25 minutes.
All of the occupants were able to get out safely, but two cats died in the fire.
Investigators are working to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, animals, philadelphia, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 33 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow 18 min ago
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc 29 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Body found in Logan tire fire