PennDOT salt truck overturns in New Britain, Bucks Co.
NEW BRITAIN, Pa. - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- An overturned PennDOT salt truck caused some traffic delays Monday morning in New Britain, Bucks County.
The single-axle dump truck was spreading salt on Callowhill Road approaching New Galena Road when it overturned shortly before 8:00 a.m., taking down a utility pole and shutting down the road.
Investigators say the passenger side wheels of the truck slipped off the edge of the pavement on the narrow road.
As the driver tried to correct for the problem he struck a utility pole and the truck rolled onto its side.
The driver suffered some bumps and bruises but is going to be okay.
No other vehicles were involved.
Callowhill Road was shut down at New Galena Road most of the morning.
bucks county, pennsylvania, accident, penndot, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos