PennDOT salt truck overturns in New Britain, Bucks Co.
NEW BRITAIN, Pa. - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- An overturned PennDOT salt truck caused some traffic delays Monday morning in New Britain, Bucks County.
The single-axle dump truck was spreading salt on Callowhill Road approaching New Galena Road when it overturned shortly before 8:00 a.m., taking down a utility pole and shutting down the road.
Investigators say the passenger side wheels of the truck slipped off the edge of the pavement on the narrow road.
As the driver tried to correct for the problem he struck a utility pole and the truck rolled onto its side.
The driver suffered some bumps and bruises but is going to be okay.
No other vehicles were involved.
Callowhill Road was shut down at New Galena Road most of the morning.
bucks county, pennsylvania, accident, penndot, local/state
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 23 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 10 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ