Delaware officials announce Smyrna inmate's death
SMYRNA, Del. (AP) - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Delaware Department of Corrections says an inmate from the prison near Smyrna has died.
The department announced Monday that 75-year-old Kermit R. West of Laurel died on Thursday night at Christiana Hospital. West was serving a life sentence for two counts of first-degree murder. His sentence began in 1961.
State officials say foul play is not suspected in the death.
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 23 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 26 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 24 min ago
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
23 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
26 min ago