Delaware officials announce Smyrna inmate's death
SMYRNA, Del. (AP) - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Delaware Department of Corrections says an inmate from the prison near Smyrna has died.
The department announced Monday that 75-year-old Kermit R. West of Laurel died on Thursday night at Christiana Hospital. West was serving a life sentence for two counts of first-degree murder. His sentence began in 1961.
State officials say foul play is not suspected in the death.
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos