One-vehicle crash slows WB Schuylkill Expressway
PHILADELPHIA - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A one-vehicle crash has slowed the westbound lanes of the Schuylkill Expressway near University Avenue.
It happened after 10:30 a.m. Monday on an off-ramp from the expressway approaching the University Avenue exit.
Medics rushed a 22-year-old male motorist to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
He was reportedly in stable condition.
PECO utility crews were called to the scene to deal with downed wires on the off-ramp where the crash occurred. That ramp was closed until 2:15 p.m. as crews made repairs.
Traffic was jammed but getting by on the westbound Schuylkill Expressway.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 50 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate 38 min ago
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
50 min ago