One-vehicle crash slows WB Schuylkill Expressway
PHILADELPHIA - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A one-vehicle crash has slowed the westbound lanes of the Schuylkill Expressway near University Avenue.
It happened after 10:30 a.m. Monday on an off-ramp from the expressway approaching the University Avenue exit.
Medics rushed a 22-year-old male motorist to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
He was reportedly in stable condition.
PECO utility crews were called to the scene to deal with downed wires on the off-ramp where the crash occurred. That ramp was closed until 2:15 p.m. as crews made repairs.
Traffic was jammed but getting by on the westbound Schuylkill Expressway.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 14 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad