One-vehicle crash slows WB Schuylkill Expressway
PHILADELPHIA - January 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A one-vehicle crash has slowed the westbound lanes of the Schuylkill Expressway near University Avenue.
It happened after 10:30 a.m. Monday on an off-ramp from the expressway approaching the University Avenue exit.
Medics rushed a 22-year-old male motorist to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
He was reportedly in stable condition.
PECO utility crews were called to the scene to deal with downed wires on the off-ramp where the crash occurred. That ramp was closed until 2:15 p.m. as crews made repairs.
Traffic was jammed but getting by on the westbound Schuylkill Expressway.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 30 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings