U.S. Marshals: Another arrest from 6abc.com reader tip (PHOTOS)
PHILADELPHIA - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- The U.S. Marshals say a tip from a 6abc.com led to yet another arrest of their "Most Wanted" fugitives.
Maalik Gleaves, 25, was wanted for an armed robbery that happened in the 6100 block of Baynton Street in Philadelphia back on June 29th.
The Marshals told Action News on Tuesday morning that Gleaves was arrested in a home in the 3400 block of Hurley Street with the help of the Philadelphia Police Department Major Crimes Gun Violence Unit.
This is the sixth arrest attributed to tips from 6abc.com readers. A seventh arrest was also attributed to our partnership with the Marshals after a 17-year-old homicide suspect surrendered on Monday.
The Marshals said Robert Shabazz-Davis turned himself in because he had seen himself profiled on Action News.
Shabazz-Davis was wanted for a murder that happened back on May 28th in the 1700 block of Ridge Avenue.
The Marshals said Shabazz-Davis was riding his bicycle when he allegedly rode up to a 22-year-old man and shot him in the back, killing him.
To see photos of the suspects still on the loose, see 6abc.com's "U.S. Marshals ID Most Wanted in Philly" photo gallery.
Anyone with information on any of the fugitives is asked to call the U.S. Marshal Tip Line at 1-866-865-TIPS (8477).
Tipsters are eligible for rewards, the Marshals said, at an average of $1,000.
philadelphia, homicide, sex assault, shooting, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash