U.S. Marshals: Another arrest from 6abc.com reader tip (PHOTOS)
PHILADELPHIA - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- The U.S. Marshals say a tip from a 6abc.com led to yet another arrest of their "Most Wanted" fugitives.
Maalik Gleaves, 25, was wanted for an armed robbery that happened in the 6100 block of Baynton Street in Philadelphia back on June 29th.
The Marshals told Action News on Tuesday morning that Gleaves was arrested in a home in the 3400 block of Hurley Street with the help of the Philadelphia Police Department Major Crimes Gun Violence Unit.
This is the sixth arrest attributed to tips from 6abc.com readers. A seventh arrest was also attributed to our partnership with the Marshals after a 17-year-old homicide suspect surrendered on Monday.
The Marshals said Robert Shabazz-Davis turned himself in because he had seen himself profiled on Action News.
Shabazz-Davis was wanted for a murder that happened back on May 28th in the 1700 block of Ridge Avenue.
The Marshals said Shabazz-Davis was riding his bicycle when he allegedly rode up to a 22-year-old man and shot him in the back, killing him.
To see photos of the suspects still on the loose, see 6abc.com's "U.S. Marshals ID Most Wanted in Philly" photo gallery.
Anyone with information on any of the fugitives is asked to call the U.S. Marshal Tip Line at 1-866-865-TIPS (8477).
Tipsters are eligible for rewards, the Marshals said, at an average of $1,000.
philadelphia, homicide, sex assault, shooting, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 57 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 36 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
36 min ago