Man sentenced to life in Bucks Co. toddler's death
BENSALEM, Pa. - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County man will spend life in prison for the murder of his girlfriend's 18-month-old daughter.
27-year-old Adrian Allen pleaded guilty Tuesday in court.
He was automatically sentenced to prison.
Allen was babysitting his girlfriend's three children at an apartment in the 2500 block of Knights Road in Bensalem on the weekend of February 24th to 26th.
Investigators say Allen swung the 18-month-old child around causing massive head trauma.
Police say an evaluation showed injuries consistent with child abuse including serious internal bleeding in her skull that required emergency surgery, evidence of blunt force trauma to her head, an adult-sized bite mark on her arm, broken ribs, an arm fracture and bruising all over her body.
The girl died a little more than a week after the assault.
pennsylvania, child abuse, bucks county, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 19 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 49 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 6 min ago