Man sentenced to life in Bucks Co. toddler's death
BENSALEM, Pa. - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County man will spend life in prison for the murder of his girlfriend's 18-month-old daughter.
27-year-old Adrian Allen pleaded guilty Tuesday in court.
He was automatically sentenced to prison.
Allen was babysitting his girlfriend's three children at an apartment in the 2500 block of Knights Road in Bensalem on the weekend of February 24th to 26th.
Investigators say Allen swung the 18-month-old child around causing massive head trauma.
Police say an evaluation showed injuries consistent with child abuse including serious internal bleeding in her skull that required emergency surgery, evidence of blunt force trauma to her head, an adult-sized bite mark on her arm, broken ribs, an arm fracture and bruising all over her body.
The girl died a little more than a week after the assault.
pennsylvania, child abuse, bucks county, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 32 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids