Man sentenced to life in Bucks Co. toddler's death
BENSALEM, Pa. - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County man will spend life in prison for the murder of his girlfriend's 18-month-old daughter.
27-year-old Adrian Allen pleaded guilty Tuesday in court.
He was automatically sentenced to prison.
Allen was babysitting his girlfriend's three children at an apartment in the 2500 block of Knights Road in Bensalem on the weekend of February 24th to 26th.
Investigators say Allen swung the 18-month-old child around causing massive head trauma.
Police say an evaluation showed injuries consistent with child abuse including serious internal bleeding in her skull that required emergency surgery, evidence of blunt force trauma to her head, an adult-sized bite mark on her arm, broken ribs, an arm fracture and bruising all over her body.
The girl died a little more than a week after the assault.
pennsylvania, child abuse, bucks county, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 16 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 55 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co. 35 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
55 min ago