Police: Footprints led to Bucks Co. burglar
BRISTOL TWP., Pa. - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a Bristol Township man accused of burglarizing his neighbor's home left some evidence behind that led to his arrest: his footprints.
Officers arrested 22-year-old Michael Payne early Saturday morning.
Investigators say Payne told them he broke into his 85-year-old neighbor's home on Pine Avenue looking for pain pills.
But when the elderly woman threatened to shoot him, he ran off leaving a set of fresh footprints in the snow.
Those footprints helped lead police to Payne.
pennsylvania, robbery, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 45 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 46 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife 38 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
45 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi...
38 min ago