Elderly woman struck and killed in NE Phila.
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- An elderly woman was struck and killed by a vehicle while walking to a mall in Northeast Philadelphia Tuesday evening.
The incident happened just after 6:00 p.m. on the 12000 block of Knights Road, near Academy Road.
Police say a 74-year-old woman was hit by a vehicle as she tried to cross the street near Franklin Mills Mall.
The vehicle stopped at the scene.
The victim was taken to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division where she died a short time later.
There is no word yet on the identity of the victim or if charges will be filed.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness