Elderly woman struck and killed in NE Phila.
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- An elderly woman was struck and killed by a vehicle while walking to a mall in Northeast Philadelphia Tuesday evening.
The incident happened just after 6:00 p.m. on the 12000 block of Knights Road, near Academy Road.
Police say a 74-year-old woman was hit by a vehicle as she tried to cross the street near Franklin Mills Mall.
The vehicle stopped at the scene.
The victim was taken to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division where she died a short time later.
There is no word yet on the identity of the victim or if charges will be filed.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 12 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 11 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 59 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar