Plea by 1 of 6 charged in Pa. videotaped beating
MEDIA, Pa. (AP) - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- One of six teenagers charged in the videotaped beating of a mentally disabled Philadelphia-area woman on her stoop last fall has been sentenced to six to 23 months in prison after pleading guilty in the case.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports the 16-year-old apologized as she pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges of conspiracy to commit aggravated assault and conspiracy to recklessly endanger another person. A plea agreement calls for her to attend school and anger management classes.
Investigators allege the six female defendants - apparently for fun - punched, kicked and hit the 48-year-old woman with a shoe and a chair in Chester in September. One recorded the beating, which was posted online.
Cases against the five other defendants are still pending.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
pennsylvania, delaware county, chester, assault, beating, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 40 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 37 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 41 min ago
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 39 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 35 min ago
- Pennsylvania Turnpike pileup exposed gaps, officials say 4 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures