Plea by 1 of 6 charged in Pa. videotaped beating
MEDIA, Pa. (AP) - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- One of six teenagers charged in the videotaped beating of a mentally disabled Philadelphia-area woman on her stoop last fall has been sentenced to six to 23 months in prison after pleading guilty in the case.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports the 16-year-old apologized as she pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges of conspiracy to commit aggravated assault and conspiracy to recklessly endanger another person. A plea agreement calls for her to attend school and anger management classes.
Investigators allege the six female defendants - apparently for fun - punched, kicked and hit the 48-year-old woman with a shoe and a chair in Chester in September. One recorded the beating, which was posted online.
Cases against the five other defendants are still pending.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
pennsylvania, delaware county, chester, assault, beating, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 42 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 25 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 24 min ago