Plea by 1 of 6 charged in Pa. videotaped beating
MEDIA, Pa. (AP) - January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- One of six teenagers charged in the videotaped beating of a mentally disabled Philadelphia-area woman on her stoop last fall has been sentenced to six to 23 months in prison after pleading guilty in the case.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports the 16-year-old apologized as she pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges of conspiracy to commit aggravated assault and conspiracy to recklessly endanger another person. A plea agreement calls for her to attend school and anger management classes.
Investigators allege the six female defendants - apparently for fun - punched, kicked and hit the 48-year-old woman with a shoe and a chair in Chester in September. One recorded the beating, which was posted online.
Cases against the five other defendants are still pending.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
pennsylvania, delaware county, chester, assault, beating, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 45 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 6 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 32 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Brisk And Cold
38 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
45 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
6 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
32 min ago