Driver loses control and lands in N.J. swamp
FRANKLIN TWP., N.J. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver lost control of his car and ended up in a high water swamp area in Franklin Township, New Jersey early Wednesday morning.
It happened around 1:30 a.m. at the intersection of Grant and Jackson Avenues.
A passerby saw the car in the water and called rescue crews.
According to police, the driver was able to get out of the car and appeared to be okay.
Crews arrived on the scene to remove the car from the swamp.
Police were talking to the driver to try and sort out the details.
accident, new jersey, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 2 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar