Smoke and fire damage Camden apartment building
CAMDEN, N.J. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews battled a utility room fire inside a Camden apartment building early Wednesday morning.
The blaze broke out around 12:30 a.m. at the Centennial Village Apartments in the 1200 block of East State Street.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke permeating one apartment.
They found flames in a utility room. The fire was placed under control within 15 minutes.
Crews called the gas company to the scene to investigate a possible gas leak.
There were no reports of injuries.
fire, camden, new jersey, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 24 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 23 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 47 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 25 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
21 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
23 min ago