Deer rescued from icy waters in Delaware
MILFORD, Del. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials with the Delaware Division of Natural Resources and Environmental Control rescued a deer that had fallen through ice on Haven Lake in Milford.
According to authorities, during the recent rescue DNREC officers used the bow of a small boat to break ice and get close to the struggling doe.
They then herded the deer toward shore through the channel created by the boat.
The deer collapsed in the water just as it neared shore, but officers were able to pull the animal to safety.
The deer was checked on throughout the day, and by mid-afternoon she had recovered enough to return to the wild.
delaware, animal rescue, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 43 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos