Deer rescued from icy waters in Delaware
MILFORD, Del. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials with the Delaware Division of Natural Resources and Environmental Control rescued a deer that had fallen through ice on Haven Lake in Milford.
According to authorities, during the recent rescue DNREC officers used the bow of a small boat to break ice and get close to the struggling doe.
They then herded the deer toward shore through the channel created by the boat.
The deer collapsed in the water just as it neared shore, but officers were able to pull the animal to safety.
The deer was checked on throughout the day, and by mid-afternoon she had recovered enough to return to the wild.
delaware, animal rescue, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 31 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 30 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 18 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest