Deer rescued from icy waters in Delaware
MILFORD, Del. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials with the Delaware Division of Natural Resources and Environmental Control rescued a deer that had fallen through ice on Haven Lake in Milford.
According to authorities, during the recent rescue DNREC officers used the bow of a small boat to break ice and get close to the struggling doe.
They then herded the deer toward shore through the channel created by the boat.
The deer collapsed in the water just as it neared shore, but officers were able to pull the animal to safety.
The deer was checked on throughout the day, and by mid-afternoon she had recovered enough to return to the wild.
delaware, animal rescue, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 8 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 33 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos