Deer rescued from icy waters in Delaware
MILFORD, Del. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials with the Delaware Division of Natural Resources and Environmental Control rescued a deer that had fallen through ice on Haven Lake in Milford.
According to authorities, during the recent rescue DNREC officers used the bow of a small boat to break ice and get close to the struggling doe.
They then herded the deer toward shore through the channel created by the boat.
The deer collapsed in the water just as it neared shore, but officers were able to pull the animal to safety.
The deer was checked on throughout the day, and by mid-afternoon she had recovered enough to return to the wild.
delaware, animal rescue, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 28 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 43 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 28 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 23 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
43 min ago