Stalled car hit by train in Pa., but no one hurt
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a train hit a car that stalled on tracks in Allentown, but the driver was able to escape before impact.
Investigators say the driver mistakenly drove onto the tracks around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and then the vehicle stalled.
Police say the driver then called police, who notified Norfolk Southern of the problem.
But WFMZ-TV reports the oncoming train wasn't able to stop before hitting the car and pushing it down the tracks.
By that time, though, the driver had escaped and no one was hurt.
accident, allentown, pennsylvania, local/state
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 17 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests