Stalled car hit by train in Pa., but no one hurt
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a train hit a car that stalled on tracks in Allentown, but the driver was able to escape before impact.
Investigators say the driver mistakenly drove onto the tracks around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and then the vehicle stalled.
Police say the driver then called police, who notified Norfolk Southern of the problem.
But WFMZ-TV reports the oncoming train wasn't able to stop before hitting the car and pushing it down the tracks.
By that time, though, the driver had escaped and no one was hurt.
accident, allentown, pennsylvania, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 15 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack 54 min ago
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 51 min ago