Stalled car hit by train in Pa., but no one hurt
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a train hit a car that stalled on tracks in Allentown, but the driver was able to escape before impact.
Investigators say the driver mistakenly drove onto the tracks around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and then the vehicle stalled.
Police say the driver then called police, who notified Norfolk Southern of the problem.
But WFMZ-TV reports the oncoming train wasn't able to stop before hitting the car and pushing it down the tracks.
By that time, though, the driver had escaped and no one was hurt.
accident, allentown, pennsylvania, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish