Police: Parents of wandering children in South Philadelphia located
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they have located the parents of the two small children found wandering in South Philadelphia on Wednesday morning.
Police say the children, who are of Asian descent and do not speak English, were found around 6:00 am. in the area of Broad and Passyunk.
Police were able to find a neighbor who knew where the kids lived and made contact with the mother.
Action News was there as the mom came into the Special Victims Unit carrying an infant. The father arrived a short time later.
The mother told police that she was sleeping when the children got out, which may have happened after the father went to work early this morning.
The children are okay and the family is being interviewed by DHS.
Once DHS approves, police expect everyone to be allowed to go home.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, missing children, local/state
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine! 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 7 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 19 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 57 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 48 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst 51 min ago
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
29 min ago