Police: Parents of wandering children in South Philadelphia located
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they have located the parents of the two small children found wandering in South Philadelphia on Wednesday morning.
Police say the children, who are of Asian descent and do not speak English, were found around 6:00 am. in the area of Broad and Passyunk.
Police were able to find a neighbor who knew where the kids lived and made contact with the mother.
Action News was there as the mom came into the Special Victims Unit carrying an infant. The father arrived a short time later.
The mother told police that she was sleeping when the children got out, which may have happened after the father went to work early this morning.
The children are okay and the family is being interviewed by DHS.
Once DHS approves, police expect everyone to be allowed to go home.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, missing children, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 6 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ