Police: Parents of wandering children in South Philadelphia located
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they have located the parents of the two small children found wandering in South Philadelphia on Wednesday morning.
Police say the children, who are of Asian descent and do not speak English, were found around 6:00 am. in the area of Broad and Passyunk.
Police were able to find a neighbor who knew where the kids lived and made contact with the mother.
Action News was there as the mom came into the Special Victims Unit carrying an infant. The father arrived a short time later.
The mother told police that she was sleeping when the children got out, which may have happened after the father went to work early this morning.
The children are okay and the family is being interviewed by DHS.
Once DHS approves, police expect everyone to be allowed to go home.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, missing children, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 33 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 17 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 58 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 42 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 58 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 31 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 5 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
31 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
53 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos