Police: Parents of wandering children in South Philadelphia located
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they have located the parents of the two small children found wandering in South Philadelphia on Wednesday morning.
Police say the children, who are of Asian descent and do not speak English, were found around 6:00 am. in the area of Broad and Passyunk.
Police were able to find a neighbor who knew where the kids lived and made contact with the mother.
Action News was there as the mom came into the Special Victims Unit carrying an infant. The father arrived a short time later.
The mother told police that she was sleeping when the children got out, which may have happened after the father went to work early this morning.
The children are okay and the family is being interviewed by DHS.
Once DHS approves, police expect everyone to be allowed to go home.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, missing children, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 27 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday 3 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 33 min ago
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 35 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 22 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
27 min ago
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East...
33 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts...
22 min ago
- SPCA rescues abandoned dog in Germantown
26 min ago