Gas leak fixed at Darby elementary school
DARBY, Pa. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A gas leak that forced the evacuation of an elementary school in Darby, Pa. has been repaired.
The incident happened on Wednesday morning at Walnut Street Elementary School.
Officials say work was being done on a boiler when the gas leak occurred.
The school was evacuated as a precaution and the students were briefly sent to other schools.
By lunchtime the repairs had been completed and students were allowed to return.
School officials the students will be dismissed from the day at the normal time. No injuries were reported.
pennsylvania, delaware county, darby, school, gas leak, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 23 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 47 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
23 min ago