Gas leak fixed at Darby elementary school
DARBY, Pa. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A gas leak that forced the evacuation of an elementary school in Darby, Pa. has been repaired.
The incident happened on Wednesday morning at Walnut Street Elementary School.
Officials say work was being done on a boiler when the gas leak occurred.
The school was evacuated as a precaution and the students were briefly sent to other schools.
By lunchtime the repairs had been completed and students were allowed to return.
School officials the students will be dismissed from the day at the normal time. No injuries were reported.
pennsylvania, delaware county, darby, school, gas leak, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 38 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 31 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 37 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 35 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
30 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
38 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos