Gas leak fixed at Darby elementary school
DARBY, Pa. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A gas leak that forced the evacuation of an elementary school in Darby, Pa. has been repaired.
The incident happened on Wednesday morning at Walnut Street Elementary School.
Officials say work was being done on a boiler when the gas leak occurred.
The school was evacuated as a precaution and the students were briefly sent to other schools.
By lunchtime the repairs had been completed and students were allowed to return.
School officials the students will be dismissed from the day at the normal time. No injuries were reported.
pennsylvania, delaware county, darby, school, gas leak, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos