Penn State police ID suspect in reported assault
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) -January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police at Penn State University say they have identified a suspect in a sexual assault reported on campus over the weekend.
Authorities say it happened when a man grabbed a female student on a sidewalk near the HUB-Robeson Center around 1 a.m. Saturday. The name of the suspect has not been released.
University police say the man will face charges, but they did not release a timeline.
School officials and police are reminding students not to walk alone at night and to call for an escort.
assault, pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 18 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 24 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 42 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
19 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
42 min ago