Police seek thief who put guitars in pants
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Cherry Hill, New Jersey are looking for the man who stole guitars on two occasions by putting them down his pants.
The thefts happened on December 19th and January 8th at the Sam Ash store on Route 38.
According to investigators, on both occasions, the man would enter with a female accomplice.
That accomplice would distract employees while the male suspect put a Les Paul Slim Neck guitar down his pants.
Police say both suspects appear to be in their late 40s to early 50s. Investigators also said the man spoke with a "heavy South Philadelphia accent."
Both left the area in a black SUV driven by a third suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Richard Tomlinson at 856-488-7833.
new jersey, camden county, cherry hill, theft, local/state
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today 15 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment 53 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief 55 min ago
- 2 injured in crash on I-95 near Cottman in Tacony
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Finding the perfect bra