Wilmington, Del. police stop a burglary in progress
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested two men after they say they stopped a burglary in progress in Wilmington.
Akeem Pressey, 22, and Avery Stewart, 19, both of the 1100 block of East 13th Street in Wilmington are charged with burglary, theft and related offenses.
Wilmington Police say Pressey and Stewart broke into a home in the 800 block of North Spruce Street on Tuesday morning.
An alert neighbor saw the burglary happening and called police. Officers arrived, entered the home and allegedly found Pressey and Stewart in a back room.
They were arrested and charged.
Both were released after posting $5,000 cash bail each.
delaware, burglary, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 46 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 30 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 50 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 50 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 50 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
46 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
50 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
50 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
36 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos