Body found believed to be missing woman Sarah Majoras
LAMBERTVILLE, N.J. - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A body believed to be that of missing Lambertville woman Sarah Majoras was discovered Wednesday afternoon.
The body was found around 5:00 p.m. in the Delaware and Raritan Canal near the Lambertville Station under some ice soon after one of her boots was discovered nearby.
"At this time, we do not believe that there is any foul play. There's no evidence of foul play but we keep an open mind," Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony Kearns said.
Majoras was last seen in surveillance video wearing a green camouflage jacket, a white knit hat, and glasses.
She was walking across the bridge into Lambertville at 2:15 a.m. Saturday after an evening at John & Peter's Bar & Restaurant in New Hope, where she was a bartender.
The bar closed after news of her death was announced.
"It's very upsetting; she's a wonderful woman. I don't know anybody who disliked her," Lambertville resident Annette Brucks said.
"That's what made her one of the good people because she connected with everybody she met," Dennis Manoogian of New Hope said.
Police still don't know how Majoras came to be in the canal and are continuing the investigation.
"Until we have a real good feel as to what happened, everything is on the table and we are not ruling anything in or anything out," Lambertville Police Director Bruce Cocuzza said.
Majoras was reported missing by her live-in boyfriend on Saturday afternoon.
Until more is known about what happened residents are on edge.
"To turn a wonderful town and city where you can walk in, and have to be afraid to do that is scary," Tania Zakia of Lambertville said.
Investigators will wait for the results of the autopsy to guide the direction of the investigation.
They are still asking anyone who may have seen or heard Sarah that night to contact the Hunterdon County Prosecutor's Office at 1-800-321-0010.
pennsylvania, bucks county, missing person, new jersey, hunterdon county, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!