Police: Man pulls gun on bus driver for missing stop
PHILADELPHIA - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been arrested after police say he pulled a gun on a bus driver who missed the suspect's stop.
20-year-old Walter Thompson of the 800 block of Marcella Street has been charged with Aggravated Assault, Violation of Firearms Act (VUFA), Terroristic Threats, Simple Assault, Recklessly Endangering Another Person (REAP) and Harassment.
Police say on January 24th, Thompson pulled a gun on the driver of the SEPTA #24 bus after the bus driver missed his stop.
Authorities say Thompson threatened the driver and then jumped off the bus.
He was arrested overnight.
Thompson is being held on $150,000 bail.
His next court appearance is scheduled for February 14th.
philadelphia, SEPTA, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station