Police: Man pulls gun on bus driver for missing stop
PHILADELPHIA - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been arrested after police say he pulled a gun on a bus driver who missed the suspect's stop.
20-year-old Walter Thompson of the 800 block of Marcella Street has been charged with Aggravated Assault, Violation of Firearms Act (VUFA), Terroristic Threats, Simple Assault, Recklessly Endangering Another Person (REAP) and Harassment.
Police say on January 24th, Thompson pulled a gun on the driver of the SEPTA #24 bus after the bus driver missed his stop.
Authorities say Thompson threatened the driver and then jumped off the bus.
He was arrested overnight.
Thompson is being held on $150,000 bail.
His next court appearance is scheduled for February 14th.
philadelphia, SEPTA, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos