Police: Man pulls gun on bus driver for missing stop
PHILADELPHIA - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been arrested after police say he pulled a gun on a bus driver who missed the suspect's stop.
20-year-old Walter Thompson of the 800 block of Marcella Street has been charged with Aggravated Assault, Violation of Firearms Act (VUFA), Terroristic Threats, Simple Assault, Recklessly Endangering Another Person (REAP) and Harassment.
Police say on January 24th, Thompson pulled a gun on the driver of the SEPTA #24 bus after the bus driver missed his stop.
Authorities say Thompson threatened the driver and then jumped off the bus.
He was arrested overnight.
Thompson is being held on $150,000 bail.
His next court appearance is scheduled for February 14th.
philadelphia, SEPTA, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting 32 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ 28 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 23 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million