U.S. Marshals: 7th arrest from 6abc.com reader tips (PHOTOS)
PHILADELPHIA - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- The U.S. Marshals say a tip from a 6abc.com led to yet another arrest of their "Most Wanted" fugitives.
Shamsuddin Hasan was wanted for firearms violation in Delaware County and also has a warrant for failure to appear for homicide by vehicle in Montgomery County.
Hasan was arrested around 4:00 p.m. Tuesday in the 1300 block of Lombard Street by the U.S. Marshals Task Force and the Philadelphia District Attorney's office.
Hasan's arrest came after a tip from a 6abc.com reader, the Marshals said.
Hasan's capture was the seventh arrest attributed to tips from 6abc.com readers.
Meanwhile, the Marshals said they were able to cross another name off their "Most Wanted" list on Wednesday morning. Rakeim Womack, who was wanted for a December, 2012 murder, was arrested by the U.S. Marshals and the Philadelphia Police Homicide Fugitive Unit.
To see photos of the suspects still on the loose, see 6abc.com's "U.S. Marshals ID Most Wanted in Philly" photo gallery.
Anyone with information on any of the fugitives is asked to call the U.S. Marshal Tip Line at 1-866-865-TIPS (8477).
Tipsters are eligible for rewards, the Marshals said, at an average of $1,000.
philadelphia, homicide, sex assault, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 57 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ