U.S. Marshals: 7th arrest from 6abc.com reader tips (PHOTOS)
PHILADELPHIA - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- The U.S. Marshals say a tip from a 6abc.com led to yet another arrest of their "Most Wanted" fugitives.
Shamsuddin Hasan was wanted for firearms violation in Delaware County and also has a warrant for failure to appear for homicide by vehicle in Montgomery County.
Hasan was arrested around 4:00 p.m. Tuesday in the 1300 block of Lombard Street by the U.S. Marshals Task Force and the Philadelphia District Attorney's office.
Hasan's arrest came after a tip from a 6abc.com reader, the Marshals said.
Hasan's capture was the seventh arrest attributed to tips from 6abc.com readers.
Meanwhile, the Marshals said they were able to cross another name off their "Most Wanted" list on Wednesday morning. Rakeim Womack, who was wanted for a December, 2012 murder, was arrested by the U.S. Marshals and the Philadelphia Police Homicide Fugitive Unit.
To see photos of the suspects still on the loose, see 6abc.com's "U.S. Marshals ID Most Wanted in Philly" photo gallery.
Anyone with information on any of the fugitives is asked to call the U.S. Marshal Tip Line at 1-866-865-TIPS (8477).
Tipsters are eligible for rewards, the Marshals said, at an average of $1,000.
philadelphia, homicide, sex assault, shooting, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 55 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 38 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 37 min ago