Mom pleads guilty to abusing son's corpse
DOVER, Del. (AP) - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman who pleaded guilty to abusing a corpse after her toddler's remains were found in a bag in the basement of a home has been sentenced to a year in jail.
33-year-old Karen N. Hooks also was ordered to undergo a mental health evaluation and to repay $4,500 she received in government aid on behalf of her son after his death.
Hooks' 2-year-old son, Justice, was found on July 25 after a report that he had not been seen for nearly a year.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that an autopsy ruled the cause of Justice's death was undetermined, but the death was ruled a homicide. No one has been charged with the killing.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, dover, body found, child death, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 35 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
35 min ago