Mom pleads guilty to abusing son's corpse
DOVER, Del. (AP) - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman who pleaded guilty to abusing a corpse after her toddler's remains were found in a bag in the basement of a home has been sentenced to a year in jail.
33-year-old Karen N. Hooks also was ordered to undergo a mental health evaluation and to repay $4,500 she received in government aid on behalf of her son after his death.
Hooks' 2-year-old son, Justice, was found on July 25 after a report that he had not been seen for nearly a year.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that an autopsy ruled the cause of Justice's death was undetermined, but the death was ruled a homicide. No one has been charged with the killing.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, dover, body found, child death, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 24 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 22 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 28 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 30 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 26 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
30 min ago