Mom pleads guilty to abusing son's corpse
DOVER, Del. (AP) - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman who pleaded guilty to abusing a corpse after her toddler's remains were found in a bag in the basement of a home has been sentenced to a year in jail.
33-year-old Karen N. Hooks also was ordered to undergo a mental health evaluation and to repay $4,500 she received in government aid on behalf of her son after his death.
Hooks' 2-year-old son, Justice, was found on July 25 after a report that he had not been seen for nearly a year.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that an autopsy ruled the cause of Justice's death was undetermined, but the death was ruled a homicide. No one has been charged with the killing.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, dover, body found, child death, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 1 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 38 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 51 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 43 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
51 min ago