Mom pleads guilty to abusing son's corpse
DOVER, Del. (AP) - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman who pleaded guilty to abusing a corpse after her toddler's remains were found in a bag in the basement of a home has been sentenced to a year in jail.
33-year-old Karen N. Hooks also was ordered to undergo a mental health evaluation and to repay $4,500 she received in government aid on behalf of her son after his death.
Hooks' 2-year-old son, Justice, was found on July 25 after a report that he had not been seen for nearly a year.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that an autopsy ruled the cause of Justice's death was undetermined, but the death was ruled a homicide. No one has been charged with the killing.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, dover, body found, child death, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 40 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 10 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 41 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
10 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
40 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos