Windy night in Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A howling wind blew along Atlantic City Wednesday night.
Gusts were so powerful, they blew out the glass front door of Venus Market.
"I heard a voice like bullets. I looked outside, all the windows go down," Neil Fakhouri of Venus Market said.
The powerful winds whipped traffic lights, blew over signs, and left people struggling to get around.
"It's definitely not safe for anyone who is walking or driving, your car is swerving, the whole nine yards," Antaun Minott of Atlantic City said.
Action News found an elderly man clinging to a pole.
We walked him to safety indoors with the help of AC resident Thomas Bell.
"It's crazy right now. I'm too skinny; I'm about to blow away," Bell said.
Along the boardwalk, foot traffic was brisk and so was business for Clarence Hardy.
He had to try and maneuver his boardwalk taxi through the punishing winds.
"When you got people in it, it's a little easier, but it can flip if you don't have anybody in it, so it's good to have people in it," Hardy said.
new jersey, atlantic city, atlantic county, severe weather, local/state, chad pradelli
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney 11 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 25 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
11 min ago
- Dead body found during kids' Easter egg hunt
33 min ago
- N.Y. mom arrested for living in U-Haul van
42 min ago
- Texas twin boys fight off carjacker
51 min ago