Twinkies primed for a comeback
NEW YORK (AP) - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Hostess has picked a lead bidder for its famous Twinkies.
The bankrupt company says it has selected a joint offer from two investment firms - C. Dean Metropoulos & Co. and Apollo Global Management LLC - as the lead bid for its Twinkies and other snack cakes.
Hostess, says the two are offering to pay $410 million for the snack-cake business and five bakeries.
The joint "stalking horse" bid would set the floor for an auction process that lets competitors make better offers. A judge would have to approve any final sale.
After years of management turmoil and turnover, Hostess declared it was going out of business and selling its brands in November. The company already announced separate lead bidders for its other brands including Drake's cakes and Wonder bread.
hostess, philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 3 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 21 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
55 min ago