Annie McCormick reports on storm damage in Ventnor
VENTNOR, N.J. - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Action News reporter Annie McCormick says the boardwalk in Ventnor is coated in heavy sand all the way up to Atlantic City Thursday afternoon.
The city of Ventnor sent crews to clear sand from the boardwalk after residents complained it wasn't safe.
Eddie Robbins from the City of Ventnor said, "You can only do so much.. mother nature, she likes to play with us."
The storm last night caused Rough surf, downed power lines .
Around 4:00 a.m. at the corner of Harvard and Calvert Avenues in Ventnor Heights, winds demolished a new home still under construction that was nearly completed. It's now a total loss.
One neighbor, Dom Rodi woke up to the loud noise, " I just heard this loud collapse and I never realized it would be anything like this."
In South Jersey downed wires on 206 near Retreat Road in Southampton began to spark, fearing a fire , crews shut off the power.
The same Storm left a utility pole leaning in front of The Browns Mills Fire Company in Pemberton Township. They parked a piece of equipment around it fearing it might fall.
In Voorhees, the owner of a red car got lucky after a cedar fell on Pine Street in a driveway and just missed the car.
Crews are working hard to clean up the storm damage and urge residents to tie down any items they have outdoors.
atlantic city, atlantic county, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 25 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 41 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
42 min ago