Camden police vote on deal to join new force
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fewer than half of Camden's current city police force will be rehired for the new county run agency.
Camden's FOP voted down a contract agreement today that would have allowed every officer to join the new metro division.
Now, only 49 percent of officers will be considered.
The city blames union leaders for misinforming voting officers, and putting their members at risk of unemployment.
camden, new jersey, police, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 28 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 20 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
14 min ago