Camden police vote on deal to join new force
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fewer than half of Camden's current city police force will be rehired for the new county run agency.
Camden's FOP voted down a contract agreement today that would have allowed every officer to join the new metro division.
Now, only 49 percent of officers will be considered.
The city blames union leaders for misinforming voting officers, and putting their members at risk of unemployment.
camden, new jersey, police, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 33 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 5 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
5 min ago