Camden police vote on deal to join new force
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fewer than half of Camden's current city police force will be rehired for the new county run agency.
Camden's FOP voted down a contract agreement today that would have allowed every officer to join the new metro division.
Now, only 49 percent of officers will be considered.
The city blames union leaders for misinforming voting officers, and putting their members at risk of unemployment.
camden, new jersey, police, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 1 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 45 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home 58 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep