Camden police vote on deal to join new force
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fewer than half of Camden's current city police force will be rehired for the new county run agency.
Camden's FOP voted down a contract agreement today that would have allowed every officer to join the new metro division.
Now, only 49 percent of officers will be considered.
The city blames union leaders for misinforming voting officers, and putting their members at risk of unemployment.
camden, new jersey, police, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 8 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 26 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 33 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 4 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 30 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 37 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 12 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 21 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 32 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
4 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos