Horses rescued from barn fire in Lancaster County
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Several horses have been rescued from a barn fire in Lancaster County.
The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports the blaze broke out shortly after 9 p.m. Wednesday in Little Britain Township. Firefighters responding to the scene found there were still some horses inside and the owner was trying to get them out.
Fire officials say that in the midst of the ensuing rescue one of the animals got spooked and knocked down a member of the ambulance crew, who had to be taken to the hospital. Details of her injuries were not immediately known.
Officials say the blaze started near a skid loader in the basement of the barn.
fire, lancaster county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 4 min ago
- Shower In Spots 2 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 6 min ago
- Toddler falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze 8 min ago
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
6 min ago
- Toddler falls from 2-story window in Point...
8 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
4 min ago
- Shower In Spots
2 min ago