Horses rescued from barn fire in Lancaster County
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Several horses have been rescued from a barn fire in Lancaster County.
The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports the blaze broke out shortly after 9 p.m. Wednesday in Little Britain Township. Firefighters responding to the scene found there were still some horses inside and the owner was trying to get them out.
Fire officials say that in the midst of the ensuing rescue one of the animals got spooked and knocked down a member of the ambulance crew, who had to be taken to the hospital. Details of her injuries were not immediately known.
Officials say the blaze started near a skid loader in the basement of the barn.
fire, lancaster county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 25 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 28 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 26 min ago
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
25 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
28 min ago