Horses rescued from barn fire in Lancaster County
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Several horses have been rescued from a barn fire in Lancaster County.
The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports the blaze broke out shortly after 9 p.m. Wednesday in Little Britain Township. Firefighters responding to the scene found there were still some horses inside and the owner was trying to get them out.
Fire officials say that in the midst of the ensuing rescue one of the animals got spooked and knocked down a member of the ambulance crew, who had to be taken to the hospital. Details of her injuries were not immediately known.
Officials say the blaze started near a skid loader in the basement of the barn.
fire, lancaster county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car 4 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013 23 min ago