Residents escape burning house in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a house blaze in Wilmington, Delaware Thursday morning.
The fire broke out before 7:30 a.m. in the 200 block of West 20th Street.
Crews arrived to heavy flames coming from the front second floor windows of the two-story rowhouse.
An extra engine and ladder company were called in to assist. Neighborhing homes were evacuated as a precaution.
Crews were able to get the fire under control within 20 minutes. Fire officials say most of the fire was contained to a second-floor front bedroom.
Everyone in the house made it out safely. No injuries were reported.
The fire displaced seven adults and three children. Fire officials say they are receiving housing and recovery services from the American Red Cross.
The fire marshal is working to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 2 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 51 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos