Residents escape burning house in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a house blaze in Wilmington, Delaware Thursday morning.
The fire broke out before 7:30 a.m. in the 200 block of West 20th Street.
Crews arrived to heavy flames coming from the front second floor windows of the two-story rowhouse.
An extra engine and ladder company were called in to assist. Neighborhing homes were evacuated as a precaution.
Crews were able to get the fire under control within 20 minutes. Fire officials say most of the fire was contained to a second-floor front bedroom.
Everyone in the house made it out safely. No injuries were reported.
The fire displaced seven adults and three children. Fire officials say they are receiving housing and recovery services from the American Red Cross.
The fire marshal is working to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Skippack
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 11 min ago
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Deptford Township house fire ruled as arson
- Tornadoes slam Plains, Midwest; 1 dead in Okla. 33 min ago
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- Singer botches America's National Anthem
58 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
11 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos