Body ID'd as missing woman Sarah Majoras
LAMBERTVILLE, N.J. - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A body found during the search for Sarah Majoras on Wednesday has been positively identified as the missing Lambertville woman.
Majoras' body was found around 5:00 p.m. Wednesday under some ice in the Delaware and Raritan Canal, near the Lambertville Station, after one of her boots was discovered nearby.
In a news release issued Thursday afternoon, Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony Kearns said the identification was made by the medical examiner.
While the cause of death is still pending toxicology tests, Kearns once again said there were no signs of foul play and all indications are her death was a "tragic accident."
All her Majoras' personal property, including cash, identification, wallet, keys, and flashlight were in her possession, Kearns said.
Majoras disappeared after walking across the bridge into Lambertville at 2:15 a.m. Saturday after an evening at John & Peter's Bar & Restaurant in New Hope, Pa. where she was a bartender.
Majoras was reported missing by her live-in boyfriend on Saturday afternoon.
Investigators are still asking anyone who may have seen or heard Sarah that night to contact the Hunterdon County Prosecutor's Office at 1-800-321-0010.
pennsylvania, bucks county, missing person, new jersey, hunterdon county, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 4 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad