Winds knock over flagpole in Center City
CENTER CITY - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Spectators gathered to check out the aftermath of the storm that blew through Philadelphia overnight
Strong winds nearly bent a flagpole in half in Center City.
The flag was standing on top of a building at the intersection of 6th and Chestnut streets, but it's now dangling over the street below.
The weight of the flagpole, over 1,000 pounds, and the high winds have made it difficult to remove the flagpole.
No injuries have been reported.
philadelphia, center city, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 13 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 43 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 8 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos