Winds knock over flagpole in Center City
CENTER CITY - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Spectators gathered to check out the aftermath of the storm that blew through Philadelphia overnight
Strong winds nearly bent a flagpole in half in Center City.
The flag was standing on top of a building at the intersection of 6th and Chestnut streets, but it's now dangling over the street below.
The weight of the flagpole, over 1,000 pounds, and the high winds have made it difficult to remove the flagpole.
No injuries have been reported.
philadelphia, center city, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose