Winds knock over flagpole in Center City
CENTER CITY - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Spectators gathered to check out the aftermath of the storm that blew through Philadelphia overnight
Strong winds nearly bent a flagpole in half in Center City.
The flag was standing on top of a building at the intersection of 6th and Chestnut streets, but it's now dangling over the street below.
The weight of the flagpole, over 1,000 pounds, and the high winds have made it difficult to remove the flagpole.
No injuries have been reported.
philadelphia, center city, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 12 min ago
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 18 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's wintry mix 57 min ago
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow 56 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
10 min ago