Winds knock over flagpole in Center City
CENTER CITY - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Spectators gathered to check out the aftermath of the storm that blew through Philadelphia overnight
Strong winds nearly bent a flagpole in half in Center City.
The flag was standing on top of a building at the intersection of 6th and Chestnut streets, but it's now dangling over the street below.
The weight of the flagpole, over 1,000 pounds, and the high winds have made it difficult to remove the flagpole.
No injuries have been reported.
philadelphia, center city, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 1 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad