Guilty plea in fire that destroyed Phila. playground
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- The suspect in a fire that destroyed a playground in South Philadelphia pleaded guilty on Thursday.
Kevin Beattie, 26, entered the plea to arson and conspiracy charges during a court hearing in Center City.
The fire back on June 17 reduced the playground at FDR park to charred rubble.
The playground was equipped to accommodate children with disabilities.
Beattie will be sentenced March 14th.
philadelphia, arson, fire, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 15 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 10 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp. 55 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 3 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 19 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
50 min ago